TOURISM POLICY SUBMISSION

Readers know that I write a lot about tourism policy in this blog. As a result, a number got in touch to see if I responded to the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport's recent call for submissions on developing tourism policy in Ireland, and if so, what I had to say.  
Well yes, I did make a submission. My response addressed what I regard as the key strategic imperatives which need to be undertaken to support a competitive and sustainable tourism industry in Ireland.
It sets out the four key actions which, if implemented, can position the country to take full advantage of the opportunity that now presents itself. These include;
  • The establishment of a tourism cabinet within government
  • The creation of a single private sector industry association
  • The development of the national centre for tourism research and innovation
  • The creation of a world class higher education tourism facility 
Readers can view my submission here.   

No comments: